Monday, October 20, 2008



Why do I support Obama?

Hi Ernestine,

Thanks for your comments. You have asked a very tough question :) and my reply is too long to be answered on that comment box... hahaha...

I am supporting Obama because of his political positions and future strategies are more sound than McCain's, e.g. investing in education, healthcare, alternative energy (not nuclear like McCain). His tax policies makes more sense to me than McCain's. Why give a tax break for those who could afford to do fine dining every day and not those who couldn't even afford to eat a proper (and nutritious) meal, given the current economic crisis? And most important of all, he promised to withdraw troops from Iraq, a place where American soldiers shouldn't even be sent there in the first place. Thousands of good men and women had died there for nothing (and are still dying!). And the threat of al-Qaeda keeps growing, unchecked.

And what the Bush administration had failed to do, and also partly responsible for the spiraling debts and current economic crisis, McCain supported Bush 90% of the time. What McCain failed to convince me is that he wouldn't reproduce the same rubbish like Bush did for the past 8 years.

Yes, I am a Christian, and that makes us brothers and sisters in Christ :) I definitely DO NOT support same-sex marriages and abortion, as you had pointed out correctly that these are things not biblical. But, looking at the overall, I think Obama is a better choice than McCain.

You might question, why compromise? Why give an inch to the devil, some might say? But we sometimes need to make a decision between two evils. And I think that not voting for either of the candidates is a greater "sin". I mean, why leave the future of your country to someone who's going to bring more misery and trouble to the people?

I believe that's what a lot of people I know and trust and respect are also making such a decision by voting for Obama, based on my explanation above. People like Warren Buffett, the richest man on earth, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, two of the greatest movie directors ever, Stephen King, one of the greatest horror writers ever, and a super long list of entertainers like Howard Stern, Oprah Winfrey, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Tom Hanks, etc...

Why am I not surprised that McCain's supporters are significantly less than Obama's? And no writers are supporting McCain? No academicians, Nobel Prize winners, laureates? No political leaders? No Democrats and Conservatives (Yes, there ARE Republicans supporting Obama!!!)?

Why do I get the feeling that Obama is DEFINITELY going to win?


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello John,
I am impressed you took the time to write such a long response to my question; you obviously feel very strongly about your choice…I respect that. Believe me; I do not think McCain in up to that much good. I voted for Bush, and I am greatly disappointed with him.
I just cannot support someone who openly supports killing babies, and yes, I mean killing babies. Obama did not even vote against infanticide. Can you imaging a hospital issuing a birth certificate, setting the baby aside to die, and then issuing its death certificate?
Since 1973, over 40 MILLION children have lost their lives to abortion! 1.3 million babies are killed a year; Which amounts to 109,000 deaths a month, 25,000 a week, and 4,000 each day…in the U.S alone! How is this any different from the Holocaust?
Will I be judged for knowing it is going on and not doing anything about it? I feel that our nation is going to be held responsible for this before God. I cannot vote for someone who does not uphold life.
You said, “We sometimes need to make a decision between two evils.”All those other issues are of great importance, but not more important than the lives of these babies. If you have not already seen these videos, I earnestly encourage you to watch them now…while they are still on the internet.
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=unWgOAcE-lo&feature=related
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=ot2AYNk2uQY&feature=related

Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing, John, do you believe this verse is possible?

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Most of all, though, we need to be praying. Our God is an awesome God!

Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:46:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Ernestine,

Thanks for sharing those heart-breaking videos... It's really sad to see babies die, but I still think that the grief of seeing a baby dying is not greater nor lesser than the grief of a family losing a son or daughter in Iraq. Or the grief of losing a home, or the grief of bankruptcy.

Yes, I believe in the power of prayer. I believe that one day, maybe Obama will vote against infanticide.

John

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear John, This is not about grief; it is about KILLING our own children.
Just because someone does not want to have a baby, the mother can legally kill it, either before it is born, just as it is being born by sucking its brains out, or even after it is born in a hospital by setting it aside to die! Refusing to recognize it does not make it not true.

Partial-Birth Abortion: Partial-Birth Abortions are used from the 4th month through the end of the 9th month of pregnancy. These late-term abortions are regularly used to kill healthy babies that pose no danger or threat to their mother.
For this abortion, the abortionist uses ultrasound to locate the unborn baby's legs. Forceps are then used to pull the baby's legs through the birth canal, delivering the baby feet first, except for the head. Scissors are then used to puncture the base of the back of the head. A suction device is then inserted to suction out the baby's brain so the skull will easily collapse. The dead baby is then removed.
http://www.prolife.com/ABORMETH.html

Thank you for taking time to read my remarks and return a comment.
Jesus is Lord!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home